Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bangkok: Settling In


From the last trips I have figured out that I don't entirely enjoy large cities when traveling, only when living there. Too much to try to figure out in a short time. That said I am looking forward to getting out of Dodge, but as all cities it's growing on me. Had a bit of frusterating day but it all worked out in the end. I saw the reclining budda, an enormous budda in a temple. I think it was 40m long. A huge complex around it. I got a little templed out today but went inside the Grand Palace which was just overwhelming. Everything was so large and so detailed. At a distance the buildings are quite beautiful and up close you see all the ornate detail that can not be seen from a distance. The last photo is a statue within the complex. There are too many photos that only give a glimpse of what is there. The photo on the right are two guys who just finished a chess game. It was a good one, but I bet I could have beaten them. Well, maybe not

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home