Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bangkok: Day 1


After a long set of suprisingly good flights I finally arrived to the heat and all. I immediately met 2 guys from Seattle as well as we tried to figure out the bus system from the airport to the center of tourist town. I ain't gonna take no shuttle! So we got relatively close ... but still needed to take a taxi from where we arrived. Still between the 3 of us, A whole 3 dollars cheaper than the shuttle!


When I went looking for the things I forgot, a pen among other things, I found these in a 7-11 (which are everywhere and sadly the source of the cheapest water) Not really sure what they are but thought they were pretty interesting, especially the disposable part. Not really sure what that's all about. Did some bumming around and decide to wander a bit. I ran into a protest, which was interesting. I found out is was one party opposing the gathering of another party. I saw a royal procession, as the royal family left the Grand Palace. The police were upset I was intent on walking and eventually got me to stop. I finally understood what was going on, after the procession passed. Took a photo of the Grand Palace at night and some interesting street food that was offered.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home