Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Santiago de Chile

I unfortunately got really sick on my way to Santiago. I had a 13 hour night bus that I did get some sleep on, but not enough. I was pretty sure I was feverish by the time I arrived. I wasn't too happy then about getting on the subway during the morning rush hour and trying to find a place to stash my bag and myself, only 12 hours here. I don't think the morning commuters were too happy with me either. Found an amazing hostel in the Brasil neighborhood. It must have been quite a mansion at one point. It was huge with tons of public space, 2 courtyards, a huge kitchen, and a backyard with tiki bar and swimming pool. I was wishing I was staying longer. I felt horrible so I decided to go see the city ... you know the guilt of I am here I can't waste it. So I wandered around for a bit, slept in a really nice park for about an hour. I didn't really get to see much. There were places that looked interesting but felt they were too far for me to reach. I headed back to the hostel a bit early and found a couch to sleep on. And that was my sad Santiago adventure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home