Thursday, March 08, 2007

A day of chores



I took a bus back to Puerto Natales in Chile to catch the ferry. I had to check in by 9 PM, but got in to town on an early bus. I met a girl named Anna from Australia and we dropped off our laundry, caught up on emails, stocked up on supplies for the trip (aka cheaper drinks), lazed around in a coffee shop, and had a great fish dinner with the famous Pisco Sours. All in all a great day. They loaded us on the boat at around 9:30 PM. We walked out to the pier, our luggage had already been brought to our rooms, and walked on the stern ramp and took the cargo lift up to the main deck. I had been transfered out of the 16 bed cabin and into a 4 bed cabin. There is a group of 40 Swedes on board with us, so some last minute shuffling was necessary. I did not complain. On top of that, two of my cabin members would be picked up half way ... from kayaks. I met my first cabin mate, Jon. He is 58, from Luxenbourg, married to a woman afraid of flying, and motorcycling around South America for several months. Needless to say, a pretty cool guy. I ran into the people I had met before, Laure, Bel, and Craig as well. After a bit of exploring we all headed up to the lounge for some entertainment. There we met two girls from England Cathryn and Claire and two Frenchies as we called them, Caroline and Luc. Somehow I ended up with in the noisy group who was being asked to go to bed. I have no idea how that happened. Photos: Caroline, Craig, and Bel ... Bel and Laure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home