Saturday, March 03, 2007

Back to Argentina


I returned to Argentina today, to see the Portito Moreno glacier and Mt. Fitzroy before I headed on my boat trip. I took a bus to El Calafate, a town that reminds me of Whistler when it started to be up and coming. There is a pretty touristy main st. with trendy bars, cafes, and shops but two blocks off the main road and you will be on a dirt road. A lot of construction of large and grand hotels. Pretty weird, but seems to be a common theme in Patagonia. I met a girl on the bus from Austria, who was learning spanish and starting college courses in Santiago. I think I would be pretty intimated to start an MBA without being pretty fluent. Here is a picture from Puerto Natales last night, something about El Calafate didn't inspire me to take many photos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home