Friday, February 23, 2007

Parque Nacional Tierra del Fuego

One of the reasons that people go to Ushuaia, besides to say that they have been to the Southern most city in the world (though Chile has a claim as well) is to visit the park Tierra del Fuego. I couldn't figure out why they called it the Land of Fire but it was an impressive park. To cut costs I decided to try to hike as much as I could in one day and avoid the park transfers fees and entrance fees for 2 days. The most memorable hike was a hike up Cerro Guanaco. You hike to the peak and have a full 360 degree view of the surrounding park, glacier lakes, and Beagle Channel. Quite amazing. I met a couple from NYC up there and we talked about why Americans don't seem to travel like the Brits or Aussies. I figured careers and homes, but seemed to meet enough Americans of all ages who were traveling for extended periods of time. However, one thing that I found in common is that we all had quit our jobs. Hmmm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home