Thursday, December 28, 2006

Leaving Buenos Aires

It seems a bit weird to leave. I am ready to get out of the heat, but excited to return as well. I have made some good friends here and some will still be there when I return. I am looking forward to some time on the water. One thing I havent talked about yet is that there are people who are called 'The Cardboarders'. They come out at night, families and groups, around 11 PM to sift through the garbarge put out on the street. They take out all the valuable recyclables: cardboard, paper, and glass. Then in the morning the garbarge workers come out and repile the garbage for collection. Its a pretty interesting process. And here is a picture that has nothing to do with that, but I like it. It's in the neighborhood San Telmo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home