Wednesday, December 06, 2006

La vida y el estilo de Buenos Aires

Some funny observations from here. The younger guys seem to be trying really hard to bring back the mullet. I haven´t gotten any pictures of them, but I think I need to start. There have been some creative styles. It is also quite fashionable to walk around with a sweater tied around your shoulders ... Oh Kiki, please do ask Marta to bring us the lemonade.
Though I haven´t seen any Starbucks down here (though there is a rumor there is one), mose of the McDonalds has an attached section called McCafe. The McDonalds part looks similar to the ones in the states, but the McCafe has nice hardwood, modern black leather chairs, nice wooden tables ... basically looks like a Starbucks but a little more trendy. I haven´t been in one but am sickly curious. McDonalds also has ice cream windows, which Reese would be quite fond of.
J Walking is an art down here. In the morning they actually post policemen at busy cross walks to make sure people obey the signs. Its a little unclear who thinks they have the right away. The cars get awfully close to pedestrians and bicyclists.
A side note that I thought was a little funny is that I am living above a Patagonia right now. I checked to see if the prices were any lower, but unfortunately not.
Almost done with week 2 of class and my head hurts. I haven´t been partying too much which is good for the wallet, though I anticipate that this weekend will be a big one. It is a little difficult for me to stay up as people don´t usually go out until two, the time when we are normally ushered out of bars. Though getting up at 8 every morning doesn´t aide that. Never been much of a napper, but I am going to need to learn.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyle - you need to learn "el arte de la siesta". Get out and party so the rest of us can live vicariously through you. -Charlie

9:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home