Saturday, December 02, 2006

Starting Class

I found a school last week and started my first week of four on Monday. I had to switch hostels as well since mine was for some reason shutting down. My class has 6 people total and two different professoras, one 9-11 and the other 11:30 - 1:30. There are two Austrailans, one French, one Dutch, and an Israeli with me. One of the Austrailian girls and I have hit it off, unfortunately she is only here a week. I ended up moving to her hostel and ended up being in the same room together.
The hostel is pretty crazy. A lot of fun people and the way that the place is set up, it is super easy to meet people. All the rooms adjoin to common rooms, which makes it a bit noisy but fun. I have met a bunch of cool people. Emma (Austrailan) and I usually return from class, grab lunch, and then I go somewhere for the afternoon. At night a group usually goes out for food. There is an all you can eat buffet with real high quality food (they love buffets here) for only 10 pesos ... about $3. Insane I say. I usually end up stuffing myself though. The hostel is on the corner of the widest street, 9 de Julio, in the world 17 lanes and the longest street in the world, Rivadavia. Though this is all I have heard. Despite its location its quite peaceful. We played a futbol game in San Telmo under the freeway at a local futbol club. Its been since grade school that I have actually played a game, and it was a little embarassing next to the Argentinans and Ecuadorians. Oh well, it was fun.
I have made a visit to the Recolleta Cemetary where Evita Peron is allegedly buried, to the Bella de Artes museum, which is free and has some great art.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home