Friday, December 08, 2006

aaaiii mi cabeza ...


I went to a pre funk last night that was pretty well represented by S. America. There of course were people from Argentina, but also Chile, Boliva, Columbia, Mexico, and Italy. I eventually learned that the majority of people spoke English, but insisted on only Spanish. I was actually surprised how far I could get. Everyone was pretty tolerant of my language skills, or lack thereof. One of the Chileanos gave me some good advice on places to go in Uruguay and gave me a braclet he made. Pretty nice.
Two Italians girls have joined the household and a German guy joins us on Sunday. He is going to the same school as I am so it will be like grade school again. I wonder if Patricia will make us PB&J´s.
Odd experience of the day, the pool. Ironically for being on the water, Bs.As. does not feel like a sea side town. In addition to not even seeing the ocean yet, the water I have seen in the port area is more of a brown color with an odor worse than Long Island Sound. Therefore you go to the pool. Only one outdoor pool complex (that I know of) is relatively close to the city center. It was $22 (thats pesos) for admission. Its quite a large complex that includes grassy areas, tennis courts, playgrounds, etc. When we entered the pool area, we were informed we had to go through a medical examination first. About 50m from the entrance to the pool is a building, seperated by sex in which you take a shower, show some ¨doctors¨in between all of your toes, under your arms, and supposedly your head. It was one of the weirdest experiences I have had in my life. Well, apart from the huge inflatable Jesus that loomed over the pool area.
I have decided to research the sailboat portion of my trip a bit further, and it turns out that my dates were all messed up and I have to be in Panama much earlier than planned. I may have to cut my trip in S. America short, which might not be too bad if I stay in the South and avoid the heat of the summer. As always, my mind changes daily ... so we will see where the next wave of inspiration leads me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

took me awhile to catch up on your adventures....sounds crazy and amazing....need some pics. AK is warming up to a balmy 35, no snow yet though. your sibling and i have been cross country and skate skiing - way fun. talk at ya later.

dawn

12:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kyle... Italy is not in South America. It's in Europe. By France.

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us work-a-day losers up north. Hope the trip is what you always imagined it would be.

Corey

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KB Toys, Christms is coming and you aren't here with the toys. what is a girl to do? Skied Crystal last weekend and it was amazing. Blue skys, fresh powder, incredible. Live it up down there. So my friend left argentina. Sorry i didn't get you the contact stuff sooner. Take care.
Meg

3:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

cuba...I feel your next wave of inspiration to be cuba.

chubby bunny

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home