Sunday, December 17, 2006

Da Weekend!

SCHOOLS OUT FOR the next two days!
This weekend Saturday was the hottest day so far. I went out and felt my skin get singed, so I headed back to the safety of inside in about an hour. I guess I have no idea of the ozone status here, but the sun is really strong. Went out to a fancy dinner that night and at midnight it was still about 80 degrees and 100 percent humitidy. Then all of sudden it just started to downpour. The streets and sidewalks turned to rivers. It was pretty amazing. Great thunder and lighting. (Though I have heard Seattle has its own little storm too.) I tried to capture the intensity of the storm but it never really comes out how it looks. Luckily we were in San Telmo with plenty of bars to duck into. We stopped in on this great place that was really small, playing Marley on the radio, and had that old feel to it. It´s a great little spot.
Sunday we forwent our original plans as it rained until about 11. But ended up walking around Puerto Madero for a while and ended up in the San Telmo sunday market. Its an insane antique market held every Sunday. They have everything there from silver serving pieces to salvaged ornamental pieces. I saw a lot of interesting old glass soda bottles. Pretty cool looking actually. It ended up being pretty cool today, but the humidity was back on the rise. Would have been a good day for a bike tour, but perhaps another time.
My friend Claire I met in Paris comes into town on Tuesday. She will be here through Christmas as well. So this next week will probably go even faster.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home